Transact Lat Treatment Muscle Pain 10 Medicated Patches 40mg
- Brand: AMDIPHARM LTD
- Product Code: 028741015
- Availability: In Stock
- Purchase 3 items for 18.27€ each
- Purchase 4 items for 17.89€ each
- Purchase 5 items for 17.52€ each
Transact lat 10 medicated patches 40 mg
Transact Lat are patches indicated for the local symptomatic treatment of painful conditions of the musculoskeletal system.
Posology and method of application of transact lat 10 medicated patches 40 mg
Transact Lat is to be used exclusively on the skin. After carefully washing and drying the painful area, grasp the two shorter sides of the Transact Lat patch with both hands and pull slightly in the opposite direction as indicated by the arrows. This will cause the protective film to be lifted into the central part of the patch. Remove the protective film and apply the adhesive side directly to the skin.
In the event that Transact Lat is to be applied to joints of greater mobility, such as the elbow or the knee, it is advisable to use a
retention bandage to be applied to the flexed joint.
Apply only one medicated plaster at a time on the affected part every 12 hours.
Arrange the patch in a safe condition to avoid accidental ingestion.
What contraindications does transact lat 10 medicated patches 40 mg?
- Flurbiprofen is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity (asthma, urticaria or allergic type) to aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- Flurbiprofen is also contraindicated in patients with a history of gastrointestinal haemorrhage or perforation related to previous NSAID treatments.
- Flurbiprofen should not be taken by patients with active ulcerative or anamnestic colitis, Crohn's disease, recurrent peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding (defined as two or more distinct episodes of proven ulceration or bleeding).
- Flurbiprofen is contraindicated in patients with severe heart failure.
- Administration of Flurbiprofen is contraindicated during the third trimester of pregnancy
How to behave in cases of pregnancy and breastfeeding
Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis may adversely affect pregnancy and / or embryo / fetal development. Results of epidemiological studies suggest an increased risk of abortion and cardiac malformation and gastroschisis after use of a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor in the early stages of pregnancy. The absolute risk of cardiac malformations increased from less than 1% to about 1.5%. It was considered that the risk increases with the dose and duration of therapy.
In animals, the administration of prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors has been shown to increase pre and post-implant loss and embryo-fetal mortality. Furthermore, an increase in the incidence of various malformations, including cardiovascular disease, has been reported in animals given prostaglandin synthesis inhibitors during the organogenetic period.
During the first and second trimester of pregnancy, Flurbiprofene should not be administered except in strictly necessary cases. If Flurbiprofen is used by a woman awaiting conception or during the first and second trimesters of pregnancy, the dose and duration of treatment should be kept as low as possible. During the third trimester of pregnancy, all inhibitors of prostaglandin synthesis can expose the fetus to:
- Cardiopulmonary toxicity (with premature closure of the arterial duct and pulmonary hypertension);
- Renal dysfunction, which can progress into renal failure with oligohydroamnios
At the end of pregnancy, the mother and the newborn can be exposed to:
- Possible prolongation of bleeding time, an anti-aggregating effect that can occur even at very low doses
- Inhibition of uterine contractions resulting in delay or prolongation of labor.
Consequently, Flurbiprofen is contraindicated during the third trimester of pregnancy.
Expiry and conservation
Check the expiry date indicated on the package. The expiry date indicated on the package refers to the product in intact packaging, correctly stored. Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture.
Warning: do not use the medicine after the expiry date indicated on the package.
Composition of transact lat 10 medicated patches 40 mg
Transact Lat contains:
Active ingredient: Flurbiprofen 40.0 mg
Excipients: Tartaric acid, purified water, titanium dioxide (E 171), kaolin, caramellose sodium, mint essence, glycerol, isopropyl myristate, sodium polyacrylate, polysorbate 80, sorbitan sesquioleate. Polyester support with polypropylene protective film, to be removed before use.
Format and conservation
The product is sold in packs with 10 medicated patches ready for application, it is important that transact lat 10 40 mg medicated patches be stored in a cool place away from heat and moisture, keep out of reach of children.